Raindrop Technique –
Balancing & Transforming
Hello Raindrop Lovers!!
I am so glad you are interested in getting a raindrop or learning more about this amazing technique for unique experience of relaxation and overall body balancing.
What is Raindrop Technique?
Raindrop technique is a powerful technique using essential oils that was developed by D. Gary Young in the 1980s. It combines several modalities to bring balance and transformation. It also supports body systems on a physical and emotionally level.
The most amazing thing about Raindrop is that all of my clients measure taller after just one session! Isn’t that amazing!! Our spine shrinks the more we age and this technique helps it relax again and release the tensions for an instant posture enhancement.
This technique involves applying therapeutic grade essential oils to the spine, neck and feet. The session lasts about an hour however the benefits may last up to a week or more.
Gary found that combining several holistic techniques, described below, created a synergistic effect for the body. The three modalities that combine to form Raindrop Technique are:
Aromatherapy – Raindrop technique uses seven single essential oils, two blends and one essential oil massage blend during the session. It is congruent with the French application of aromatherapy where essential oils are applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body.
Vita Flex Technique – Vita Flex was brought to the US in the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. It is an ancient Tibetan methodology meaning “vitality through the reflexes”. Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to the body creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body. This is known as piezoelectric.
Feather Stroking – This is similar to a massage term technique called effleurage. But this technique was actually termed by the Native American Indians.
How does Raindrop get its Name?
Essential oils are actually dropped from about 6 inches above your spine, simulating rain drops! It feels like a rain drop gently striking your spine, and it is very relaxing and comforting.
It is thought that the oils interact with a person’s electric field before even penetrating the skin of the back. Thereby, enhancing the electromagnetic properties of the oils as well. Amazing!
What is the Concept behind Feather Stroking?
In the 1980s Gary Young worked with a Lakota elder named Wallace Black Elk. He learned that the Lakota people went to Canada to experience the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis (before there were border crossings and reservations). The Lakota people would raise their hands toward the light and breathe in the energy of the lights for transformational purposes.
Once the Lakota people could no longer cross the border, they created a stroking technique along the spine using a feather that simulated the energy of the Aurora Borealis. And this is the massage technique that was taught to Gary Young and is named feather stroking.
What are the Benefits of Raindrop Technique?
There are numerous benefits of the Raindrop Technique. Here are just a few:
- Balance and Re-align the Energy Centers of the Body – The combination of techniques brings electrical and structural alignment to the body. The essential oil blend of Valor helps the body align and is often referred to as “chiropractor in the bottle”.
- Non-Manipulative Technique – No manipulation as in chiropractic is performed.
- The oils help support the body to come back into harmony by opening energy flow throughout the body.
- Reduce Stress and Minor Anxiety – Not only can the oils enhance positive emotions such as joy and happiness, but they can also help us release negative emotions that are subconsciously stored on a cellular level.
- Aid the Body’s Natural Response to Irritation and Injury – Thyme and Oregano support the immune, respiratory, nervous, and other body systems*.
- They are strong antioxidants.
- Eases Muscle Discomfort after Exercise – Muscles that are tense and in minor discomfort due to exercise will also benefit. Basil, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Cypress and Peppermint essential oils may reduce tension.
- Support Healthy Immune System – Thyme and Oregano essential oils support a healthy immune system*.
- Emotional Well Being and Release – Essential oils effect the limbic system where emotions are stored in the “brain’s emotional computer”.
- Help Detox the Body Systems – The oils that are high in phenols may cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance cleansing of the body.
And many more!
Checkout how it’s performed by clicking on this video
What Essential Oils are used in the Raindrop Technique?
These are the oils that are used in Raindrop Technique! Click on each oil to learn more about the oil and find out the other benefits of using these fantastic oils.
Raindrop Essential Oil Kit
- Valor or Valor II Essential Oil Blend
- Thyme Essential Oil
- Basil Essential Oil
- Wintergreen Essential Oil
- Marjoram Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- AromaSiez Essential Oil Blend
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Ortho Ease Essential Oil Massage Blend
Get Your kit here! It comes with all the oils needed to perform a raindrop, plus vegetable oil and Ortho Ease Massage Oil. And a DVD
Are there any side effects?
Because the Raindrop Technique encourages detoxification of the body, someone may experience some mild side effects or what is known as a healing crisis. These mild symptoms may include headache, sinus drainage or emotional release. The best advice is to drink plenty of water before and after a session. ( Again these are very minor side effects that you may or may not feel. Nothing very serious at all )
While some may experience detoxification, others may feel relaxed, have heightened awareness or may be energized. It is really on a case by case basis, and depends on so many factors.
It sounds great! But, Is there any Validation of this Technique?
David Stewart, the Founder of the Center for Aromatherapy Research and Education (CARE), published a book entitled “The Statistical Validation of the Raindrop Technique“. It is based on the results of a questionnaire where over 400 massage therapists, chiropractors, Raindrop Facilitators and others who used the technique responded.
What were the Results of the Questionnaire?
Well, over 99% said they would have another session. Approximately 90% felt their health improved and 86% felt their emotional state improved. Wow, that is some positive feedback!
By the way, CARE is the only organization that certifies Raindrop Specialists. This is where I received my training to become a Certified Raindrop Technique Specialist.
Price and Packages
Raindrop Technique is an hour and 15 minutes long. Unlike the massage techniques, raindrop ia performed in silence using 60 drops of high grade essential oils. I recommend that you drink plenty of water after the session for 10 days to help with the process of toxic release from the body.
- 1 session; $140
- 3 sessions: $360
- 5 sessions or more: $110 each
I hope you have enjoyed this section on Raindrop Technique. And that you will experience a Raindrop Technique Session soon. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.