Primal Egg Muffins
Tired of boiled or scrambled eggs? I am at least convinced that my poor kids are :). These primal egg muffins turned out to be delicious and very easy to make. If you are trying to get your kids to eat some vegetables that they don’t usually eat, just hide them inside. My son hates asparagus and he did not notice them inside these egg muffins.
Boxed breakfast choices are really toxic and you should absolutely avoid them. Did you know that boxed cereal and even the organic ones are extremely toxic? To make boxed breakfast cereal in the factory, the grains first have to be subjected to such intense pressure and heat that they actually liquify into a slurry. This slurry allows the grains to be quickly and easily shaped into the puffs, flakes, and other shapes that make each cereal distinct.
Primal Egg Muffin Recipe
- 6 pasteurized organic eggs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cups fresh away spinach
- 1/2 cup diced asparagus
- Smoked beef ( I buy it halal here )
- 1 cup creme fraiche ( buy it here )
- 1/4 fetta cheese
- 1 tablespoon ghee ( buy it here )
- 1 pinch of turmeric ( buy it here )
- Sea salt and pepper for seasoning ( buy it here )
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- In a pan, sautee the onion and asperagus with ghee, add salt and pepper for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and and continue sautéing for another 10 minutes
- In a salad ball whisk the eggs, add cream fraiche and mix really well
- In a pan cook the smoked beef strips for 1 minute on each side, cut them into small pieces and add them to the mixture of eegs
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl including the cooked spinach mixture, feta and spices
- Butter a muffin tray, scoop up the mixture with a spoon
- Cook for 15 minutes
Note: I also made the same recipe using smoked salmon and I loved it.
Do you have any preffered ingredients you want to dump inside this recipe? I am sure anything can go in there.
Pin it please!