In my culture we don’t mind eggs for lunch and dinner. One of my friends told me that americans eat eggs only for breakfast and I was surprised. I have never heard such thing before. Well, the good thing about this recipe is you can make it for any meal you like. In my family we mainly eat it for lunch or dinner. We call this recipe Checkchouka. My mom use to make it a lot during summer as we usually have tones of tomatoes and peppers from our garden. Adding some fresh merguez ( beef sausage) was a great idea as it gives the recipe more nutritional value.
How to make Paleo Merguez Frittata Recipe
- 1 pound beef merguez ( sausage )
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 chopped bell peppers ( red or green )
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder ( Optional )
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 chopped parsley
- 4 pastured eggs
I love my spices blends from primal palate. They have some of the finest and most flavorful blends known to earth. Check them out.
- In a medium heat melt the fat in a skillet and add the onion
- Sauté for 5 minutes and then add the bell peppers, diced tomatoes, cumin, paprika, salt and peeper
- Keep sautéing for 10 minutes until the onion and peppers starting to get soft
- Add tomato paste and place the merguez on top
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes
- Add the beaten eggs and sprinkle with parsley and some extra black pepper and salt if needed
- Cook covered for another 5 minutes
- Serve hot with a side of your favorite greens
If you want my weekly recipes and updates to be delivered to your email weekly. Feel free to sign up for my newsletter here. With that you will also be able to download a free fat burning tips PDF and weekly plan and shopping list. Don’t miss it. It’s a $30 value and yours for free.