Macaroon are one the best treats I love the most. Most of the store bought macaroons are so overwhelmingly sweet and you can barely taste the other yummy ingredients they consist off. When I was living in france I had a friend at the bakery that use to make me custom made macaroons.. My Favorite flavor is pistachio.
I have tried this recipe with almond flour and pistachio flour , but I got the best result when I used almond flour with pistachio extract.
How to make the Paleo french Pistachio Macaroons
- 3 cups shredded coconut. (Get it here)
- 1 cup almond flour. (Get it here)
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds. (Get it here)
- ½ cup cacao powder. (Get it here)
- ½ cup honey. (Get it here)
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- ½ cup coconut milk. (Get it here)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract. ( Get it here)
- 1 teaspoon pistachio extract. ( Get it here)
- 2 egg white
- Shredded coconut and melted chocolate for decoration (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beet the egg whites
- combine all the ingredients
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out balls of dough and pack them together tightly either by lightly knocking the scoop onto the side of the bowl or pushing it down with your fingers. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Place the dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, rotating the tray half way through.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack for 1 hour.
- Optional – dip the bottoms of the macaroons in melted dark chocolate mixed with ¼ for a decadent treat or just do layers of chocolate on the to like I did.
Be sure to PIN the picture PLEASE 🙂
Do you have any Paleo macaroon recipes? I would love to read yours too. Don’t hesitate to share them in a comment.