Homemade gifts For Dads
My boys asked me the other day why am I just making DIY beauty for myself and not for daddy :). They sure got me with this :). Well, daddy uses my Deodorant, my hair solution, and my tooth paste , but yes it’s time to make him some special goodies too.
My husband never uses an after shave cream, but I thought he would like the idea of something that will keep his skin moisturized, smooth and smelling good, So me and the boys made him this face balm that I am about to share with you. It smells amazing and would be a great idea as father’s day or birthday gift. It’s also so easy to make.
Homemade Face Balm For A Smoother Daddy face Recipe
- 1 ounce organic beeswax (where to buy beeswax)
- 1.5 ounces shea butter (where to buy shea butter)
- 2 ounces jojoba oil – This is a “dry” oil that keeps the formula from being too greasy. (where to buy jojoba oil)
- 5 drops sacred frankincense essential oil ( where to buy )
- 5 drops patchouli essential oil ( where to buy)
- 2 drops lavender essential oil ( where to buy )
- 2 drops Shutran essential oil ( where to buy )
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler over low heat
- When the beeswax is melted, add in shea butter
- When the mixture is melted, add jojoba and stir until just melted
- Pour mixture into a container and allow to cool slightly, then add essential oil
- Transfer into a mason jar and keep in a cool dark area. like bathroom cabinets
Do You want to get started with essential oils? This is the best kit to start with.
Thanks for reading and Happy father’s day to all father’s around the world. If you like my recipe please feel free to leave a comment. If you are interested in getting my recipes mailed right into your inbox please sign up for my weekly newsletter.