Homemade baby massage oil
I started making homemade baby products, because I figured they are generally less expensive than store-bought, non toxic, environmental safe, Plus, if you start making several different kinds of baby care products, you’ll find that you’re using a lot of the same ingredients in different ways, so you can buy the ingredients in larger quantities to save even more money.
I love infant massage, I find it as a very special time for bonding with my infants. All of my three boys loved massage time. I try to do it two to three times a week.
Did you know that baby massage can:
• Promotes relaxation and helps babies self-regulate calm, which reduces crying
• Helps to normalize muscle tone
• Improves circulation
• Enhances immune system function
• Improves midline orientation
• Helps to improve sensory and body awareness
• Enhances neurological development
• Helps baby/child to sleep deeper and more soundly
• Provides all of the essential indicators of intimate parent-infant bonding and attachment: eye-to-eye, touch, voice, smell, movement, and thermal regulation.
• Improves general well-being
• Provides an intimate time for children to confide in parents
• Improves overall functioning of the gastrointestinal tract
Give your baby the touch of love by making this 100% natural massage oil. It’s never too late. My seven year old still asks me for a little massage at least ones a week.
Homemade baby massage oil recipe
- 1/2 cup organic olive oil ( You can get it here )
- 1/2 cup organic apricot kernel oil ( get it here )
- 1/4 cup calendula flowers ( get it here )
- 1/4 cup chamomile flowers ( get it here )
- 2 drops of carrot seed essential oil ( get it here )
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil ( get it here )
Mix all the oils together. Put the calendula and chamomile in a glass jar and pour the oils over it. Put a tight-fitting lid on. Keep in a cool, dark place and shake daily for 6-8 weeks. The color of the oil will turn to dark yellow or orangish. Get rid of the flower by passing the oil through a cheesecloth. Keep in a glass jar and use as needed. In my experience this oil gets more concentrated and more beneficial the more it lasts. This oil acts as a southing and relaxing due to the effects of the chamomile and calendula.
I hope you will enjoy making this and giving some special touches to your babies with it.
Please leave your comments and share some of your favorite recipes below.
Note: this oil can be used for the whole family and you can play around with your favorite essential oils.
Be sure to PIN IT!