Coming from a little town by the Mediterranean Sea, I love and enjoy cooking all kinds of seafood. My uncle is a diver and an expert fisherman. He bring home all kinds of different seafood and teach us the best way to cook them. The recipe I am about the share today is a baked mediterranean red snapper with so much flavor. Keep reading I am sure you will love it!!
These two beauties are from my local Costco. They have a variety of wild seafood. I had fun teaching my kids how to look for the freshest fish and one of my sons thought that it will be fun to be a dentist for all sorts of fish :). He loved their mouths.
Baked Mediterranean Red Snapper Recipe
Ingredients ( for two medium red snapper )
- 2 Tablespoons organic tomato paste ( I use this kind )
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika ( buy it here )
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander ( buy it here )
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin ( buy it here )
- A large pinch saffron threads, crumbled ( buy it here )
- 2 tablespoons minced preserved lemon peel plus 2 tablespoons preserved ( buy it here )
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ( buy it here )
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sea salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and mixed them really well
- Lay your fish on buttered backing dish or foil and massage it with the mixture really well
- You can add some slices of lemon inside the fish if you like it with a little more lemon flavor
- I cooked mine right away but you can cover the plate and put it in the fridge to marinate for two hours if you like
- Put to cook in the oven covered with foil for 20 minutes and then uncover and cook another 20 minutes
- Broil for 5 minutes and serve with your favorite side dishes. I made sweet potato fries and yogurt salad with it and it was a fantastic dinner
Do you have any favorite seafood recipes you would like to share? I would love to read them in a comment.
Read some of my other seafood recipe here:
- Mediterranean style baked salmon
- Easy summer shrimp salad
- Paleo thai seafood soup
- Three minutes tuna salad
Don’t Forget to Pin it please!!