Keto No Bake Energy Bites
If you are on a Ketogenic diet and trying to find some ideas to treat yourself to something delicious and fulfilling I recommend that you give these easy keto no bake energy bites a shot. It’s sugar free and the taste of the orange blossom water in it will make you want to eat more and more, so be aware of that. It’s also full of good fat and fiber which makes it a wonderful dessert for you to have after a meal or as a snack.
What is Ketogenic and why it’s worth the give it a shot?
So a ketogenic diet is quite simply any diet that forces the body into a process called ketosis, whereby fats are burned instead of carbohydrates for use as energy. A proper ketogenic diet calls for the dieter to consume high amounts of fat, adequate amounts of protein, and very low amounts of carbohydrates. Our bodies are used to turning carbohydrates into glucose to send all over the body as energy. When we enter ketosis by sufficiently limiting our carbohydrate intake, our livers start breaking down fat cells into fatty acids and ketones, to be used as energy.
Like any other diets you can always treat yourself to somethimg delicious that can still meet the guidelines. These keto no bake energy bites are amazingly delicious and fulfilling that you forget you are on a diet.
Keto No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- 1 cup almond flour ( order here )
- 1/2 cup chia seeds ( order here )
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds ( order here )
- 1/2 cup flax meal ( order here )
- 1/2 coconut oil tablespoons coconut oil ( order here )
- 5 tablespoons orange blossom water ( order here )
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla ( order here )
- Few stevia drops a sweetener ( optional )
- Stevia sweetened dark chocolate for decoration ( order here )
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Roll into balls and place on a plate. Let the balls sit in the refrigerator for 1 hours before eating. Keeps for a week or longer in the freezer.